The annual statement will be generated each year in April. It will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and action taken (these will be reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure The annual infection control audit summary and actions undertaken
- Control risk assessments undertaken
- Details of staff training (both as part of induction and annual training) with regards to infection prevention & control
- Details of infection control advise to patients
- Any review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines.
Wokingham Medical Centre, Lead for Infection Prevention /Control.GP, Dr Zishan Ali and Sr. C. Froggatt, Zoe Storrow (HCA)
This team keep updated with infection prevention & control practices and share necessary information with staff and patients throughout the year.
In the past year April 2018/19 there have been no significant events that related to infection prevention & control.
Audits regarding hand washing are performed yearly.
An audit has been undertaken to determine the amount of infections found after minor surgery. Infection Control Audit 2019
Regular risk assessments are undertaken to minimise the risk of infection and to ensure the safety of patients and staff. The following risk assessments related to infection prevention & control have been completed in the past year and appropriate actions have been taken:
- Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
- Disposal of waste
- Healthcare associated infections (HCAIs) and occupational infections
- Minor surgery
- Sharps injury
- Use of personal protective clothing/equipment
- Risk of body fluid spills
- Legionella risk assessment