Dear Patients of Wokingham Medical Centre
In view of the increased concern with COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) we will be changing our appointment booking systems with immediate effect. This is to ensure we reduce the risk of transmission and maintain a safe environment for all patients and staff associated with the practices.
We are now moving to a telephone first system for those requesting an ‘on the day appointment’. Patients will be triaged by a clinician BY TELPHONE. If patients need to be seen in the practice, an appointment will be arranged. This may not be at your usual practice, but the clinician who sees you will have full access to you electronic patient record.
If you wish to make a routine appointment for a matter unrelated to Coronavirus.
- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM GOING TO YOUR GP PRACTICE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IN PERSON
- DO contact the GP Surgery via telephone. Please tell the reception teams whether you would like a telephone consultation, video consultation or a face-to-face consultation. The teams will be asking patients a set of questions prior to making appointments to ensure patients are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional or service.
- FOR TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS there is now an option to book these online. Please contact the reception teams for information how to register for online booking if you do not already have this.
- FOR FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATIONS, due to the need to answer questions prior to making an appointment, online booking has been suspended for the time being.
- FOR ONLINE ACCESS TO HEALTH RECORDS AND ONLINE PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS, there is no change from previously. Please contact the reception teams for information how to register for online access if you do not already have this.
Finally, please ensure your Practice has up to date contact details for you, including mobile telephone numbers where available, for clinical staff and reception teams to be able to contact you urgently if needed.
We understand that this may cause you some difficulties and thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
ADVICE FOR THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM SYMPTOMS THAT MAY BE CASUED BY COVID-19
If you have arrived back to the UK from an affected area, kindly follow the specific advice for returning travellers. Public Health England’s information regarding affected areas and health care guidance changes daily and can be viewed at www.gov.uk
If you have visited an affected area in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone infected with Coronavirus or you think you may have Coronavirus or if you have a fever, cough, sore throat or breathing problems.: